There is a lot of discussion about the COAS’ meeting with Imran Khan on the media with, so called experts giving their two scents of opinion on;
- What may have conspired at the meeting
- Why only Imran Khan was invited and not other political leaders
- Or for that matter, is this the beginning of series of meeting by COAS with the political parties heads?
- There is a deal made between the COAS and Imran Khan
- Imran Khan has been told that he is the next PM (as claimed by PTI), and so on
Although I am not privy to any information, here is my take on this meeting.
- The meeting must have been called at the behest of the govt to deliver certain messages. The COAS is not likely to ask for this meeting unilaterally as this would be out of order and in appropriate
- Imran Khan must have been warned not to support the TTP and likes as Pakistan govt and the army are fighting these terrorist.
- FATA will not be merged with KPK as this is not feasible until the governance issues sorted out
- There is no deal between the army and Imran Khan as this will be an illegal act and considered a subversive activity.
- Imran Khan has not been given any understanding to the affect that he will be the next PM, as PTI asserts, because this would be pre-poll rigging and another illegal act.
So, my take is that Imran Khan’s meeting with the COAS is a warning to Imran kahn and is not a good sign for PTI. If, by any chance, the meeting was arranged without government’s consent or on its behest, the COAS would have been asked to pack his bag and go home.
EXTORTION HAS DIFFERENT FORMS
Definitions of Extortion;
Everyone who, without reasonable justification or excuse and with intent to extort or gain anything, by threats, accusations, menaces or violence induces or attempts to induce any person, whether or not he is the person threatened, accused or menaced or to whom violence is shown, to do anything or cause anything to …
Extortion (also called shakedown, out-wresting, and exaction) is a criminal offense of obtaining money, property, or services from a person, entity, or institution, through coercion.
Refraining from doing harm sometimes euphemistically called protection. Extortion is commonly practiced by organized crime groups. The actual obtainment of money or property is not required to commit the offense. Making a threat of violence which refers to a requirement of a payment of money or property to halt future violence is sufficient to commit the offense. Exaction refers not only to extortion or the unlawful demanding and obtaining of something through force, but additionally, in its formal definition, means the infliction of something such as pain and suffering or making somebody endure something unpleasant.
Tahir ul Qadri and Imran Khan falls into the definition of extortionists:
- Both Imran Khan and Tahir ul Qadri have forced people to sit in dharnas by taking their Identification Cards and not allowing people to go back home. (BBC and other TV channels reports)
- They have put forth is an unlawful demand on an elected government to go through force.
- They have subjected the people under their bondage/ influence to suffer, endure pain and go through unpleasant situation, which they have not subjected their own children to.
- Tahir ul Qadri incites his cult members to do unlawful activities and extract violence from them
- Imran Khan uses threat to dismiss party members to if they do not adhere to his decision to violence and follow his illegal activities.
You can add to the list. As a Pakistani, I ask everyone to look at demeanor of both Tahir ul Qadri and Imran Khan to judge whether their activities are of extortionists and whether legal or illegal. The judgement is yours.
WHICH EVER WAY THE WHEEL OF FORTUNES TURNS PTI WILL BE THE LOSER.
The people of Pakistan are happy with the the present government as shown in the Gallup survey. My recent informal survey of educated class shows 75+% plus approval of the present government in both its performance and handling of the present situation. whether because of sympathy or performance, this rating is improving. Let’s keep this survey aside, if the Prime Minister is forced to resign under the pressure of army and others and asked to go home, he will dissolve the assemblies and call re-election in 90 days as per the constitution.
Additionally, Nawaz Sharif will go as a martyr, who has not been allowed to complete his 5 years term, as has been the case in the past. Imran Khans demeanor in the past and now clearly show his desire to side with non-democratic forces, particularly his alliance with PAT. He will not be able to resurrect himself. no matter what. it is proven beyond the shadow of doubt that there was no rigging as he claims. He had lied all along and that his rhetoric is not supported by any credible evidence. It is based more on conjecture that substance.
The next elections, will obviously be held in a much secure environment for all. The inability of PPP ANP PMLN to hold rallies under threat from TTP would no more be there. They will certainly do better. No question on that. PTI is likely to get less seats than before and will most likely become marginal.
As a final remark, and seeing Imran Khan`s handling of his party`s affairs, if the rigging was done, I repeat if it was , then it was a good decision. Imran Khan is acting like a child who says that since you did not agree to give me 4 lolly pops, I am going to take over the whole candy store.