EXTORTION HAS DIFFERENT FORMS
Definitions of Extortion;
Everyone who, without reasonable justification or excuse and with intent to extort or gain anything, by threats, accusations, menaces or violence induces or attempts to induce any person, whether or not he is the person threatened, accused or menaced or to whom violence is shown, to do anything or cause anything to …
Refraining from doing harm sometimes euphemistically called protection. Extortion is commonly practiced by organized crime groups. The actual obtainment of money or property is not required to commit the offense. Making a threat of violence which refers to a requirement of a payment of money or property to halt future violence is sufficient to commit the offense. Exaction refers not only to extortion or the unlawful demanding and obtaining of something through force, but additionally, in its formal definition, means the infliction of something such as pain and suffering or making somebody endure something unpleasant.
Tahir ul Qadri and Imran Khan falls into the definition of extortionists:
- Both Imran Khan and Tahir ul Qadri have forced people to sit in dharnas by taking their Identification Cards and not allowing people to go back home. (BBC and other TV channels reports)
- They have put forth is an unlawful demand on an elected government to go through force.
- They have subjected the people under their bondage/ influence to suffer, endure pain and go through unpleasant situation, which they have not subjected their own children to.
- Tahir ul Qadri incites his cult members to do unlawful activities and extract violence from them
- Imran Khan uses threat to dismiss party members to if they do not adhere to his decision to violence and follow his illegal activities.
You can add to the list. As a Pakistani, I ask everyone to look at demeanor of both Tahir ul Qadri and Imran Khan to judge whether their activities are of extortionists and whether legal or illegal. The judgement is yours.